Wednesday 30 May 2012

Book Binding Methods



Japanese Stitch bind is a great one for use on larger books, since it's very versatile to use with a large number of pages. Despite how pretty this type of binding is, I don't think it's the right type for my zine since I imagine it as something more along the lines of a pamphlet, needing a pamphlet bind.



Staple binding isn't something you can usually do by hand, unless you've very good at stapling at an angle! However, this method has quite a nice low fi feel to it and does work as a quick alternative to other thread based binding methods.



The above method is most likely the one I'm going to use for my zines. I don't plan to have a very thick zine, no thicker than that of a booklet, so I think this is probably the most appropriate binding method to use for my project. This method is also quick and simple to do, meaning a faster production time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Naomi..This is good...I wanted to have some guidance..I am going to amke a book and its pages are of a guitar's shape...
    So,can you tell me what I can do for binding...
    It would be nice of you help me out.
    Email : vaibhav.20.12.1991@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete